What it is:
It’s pizza, but a little different. Rather than a traditional marinara, this starts with a garlic parmesan cream sauce. And if the parmesan sauce wasn’t enough, mozzarella and bleu cheese also join the party along with a few meaty ingredients.
12″ pizza dough
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 lb. asparagus, chopped in 1/2” pieces
3/4 cup mushrooms (your choice), cleaned & quartered
4 oz. steak (your choice) cut in 1/2” pieces
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh cracked black pepper
What you do:
1. Preheat Oven to 350° F.
2. In a small sauce pan, quickly sauté the garlic and add cream.
3. When cream boils, slowly add in parmesan cheese a small amount at a time while whisking continuously.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Toss the mushrooms in oil, salt & pepper, and spread out on a cookie sheet to roast for 15-20 in the oven.
6. Place the chopped asparagus into a pot of salted, boiling water for 2 minutes.
7. Immediately transfer asparagus to an ice bath so the cooking process stops.
8. Toss the steak pieces in oil, salt & pepper and sear it in a large saute pan, short of being cooked all the way though (the oven will finish cooking it)
9. Spread the dough on a cookie sheet (or a pizza stone or pan if you have one).
10. Smear a thin layer of the cream sauce on to the dough, followed the mozzarella, the sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and the seared steak.
11. Sprinkle the bleu cheese over the entire pie and place in the overn (still at 350° F) for 12-15 minutes or to your desired doneness.
12. Remove from the oven, cut into your preferred number of slices and garnis with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Destination Hotels’ Tempe Mission Palms