What it is:
A very versatile dish that everyone will love. This can be served as is as a side dish to main entree, or you can add virtually anything from steak to fish, from chicken to turkey to turn it into a well-rounded main course.
For 4 servings
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
3 cups asparagus
1 cup black olives, drained
3/4 cups sliced sun-dried tomatoes
7 cups farfalle pasta
What you do:
1. In a pot of salted. boiling water, blanch the asparagus for one minute.
2. Immediately remove asparagus and put in an ice bath to stop the cooking process and retain the bright green color.
3. Cook the pasta per package directions until al dente (you will finish cooking it in the sauce).
4. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
5. Add garlic and cook until translucent, about one minute.
6. Stir in chicken stock, cream, mustard, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper, bringing to a boil.
7. Turn the head to simmer, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the asparagus, tomatoes, olives and pasta.
9. Continue cooking for another 3-4 until everything is evenly cooked through.
From the California Asparagus Commission.