What it is:
Seasons 52 may be a franchise restaurant, but it separates itself from the masses by focusing on fresh ingredients key to a particular season of the year (hence the name) all while keeping all menu items under 475 calories without sacrificing flavor. Talk about healthy meals! This is one of the restaurant’s additions from the spring menu, infusing lightly grilled asparagus with the flavors of feta cheese, fresh tomatoes and capers.
For 4 servings
2 quarts water
2 quarts ice water
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
4-5 spritz extra virgin olive oil
Dash of balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt (to taste)
Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
1 cup Tomato caper salsa (recipe follows)
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 oz extra virgin olive oil
1 cup tomatoes, peeled & diced
1⁄4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
1⁄4 cup capers, drained & chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
lemon, juiced & zested
4-5 dashes chipotle Tabasco sauce
fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
What you do for the salsa:
1. Zest and juice the lemon.
2. Heat the olive oil in a small pan on medium.
3. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds until golden brown.
****Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will become bitter****
4. Remove garlic from saute pan and place into a bowl.
5. Add remaining ingredients to the garlic and stir together.
6. Allow the flavors to rest and merry for 30 minutes before serving.
What you do for the asparagus:
1. Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil
2. Blanch asparagus by placing in boiling water for 45 seconds.
****Blanching retains color and does not wash out nutrients****
3. Remove asparagus and immediately place into ice water for 1 minute.
4. Remove from ice water and thoroughly pat dry.
5. Spritz the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Spritz the grate of the grill with oil.
7. Shut off the flame and grill asparagus over the hot coals to caramelize and get the grill flavor.
8. Remove from the grill and arrange on a serving dish.
9. Top with the Feta cheese and the tomato caper salsa.