What it is:
An easy. light, and refreshing dish to make for either a midday snack, or as an accompaniment to any lunch/dinner entree. Granted, Trader Joe’s would like for you to use its own products, but not everyone lives near one, so you can use any brand products you have access to, and if you prefer to go with fresh options it’s even better. You can even use this for a topper like on tacos!
For 4 servings
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1″ pieces
1 can sweet corn
1/2 red onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup red wine vinaigrette
What you do:
1. In a pot of salted. boiling water, blanch the asparagus for one minute.
2. Immediately remove the asparagus and place it in an ice bath to stop the cooking process (this helps to maintain both the color and the crispness of the asparagus).
3. Dry off the asparagus and combine in a medium-sized bowl with the corn, onion, and pepper.
4. Add the vinaigrette and toss several times to make sure everything is evenly coated.
5. Add the salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (or if it has one, the lid) and place in the refrigerator for an hour so the flavors can merry. Or you can serve it immediately, there’s no wrong way to enjoy it!